Working for ThoughtWorks
February 01, 2017
After long considerations i decided to quit being a freelancer and joined ThoughtWorks in Hamburg, Germany.
Reasons for quitting being a freelancer:
- A lot of projects for freelancers are boring from a technological point of view, e.g. Java 7/EE, SAP and ABAP/SAP
- Often the project is already in a desolate state and more external people are brougth in late as firefighters, aka death march
- As a freelancer you often work alone and are not really integrated into the team. But creating software is also a social process and integration of all people in a team is essential for building and delivering great projects.
Reasons for joining ThoughtWorks:
- Always using state of the art technologies, see for example the Tech Radar
- Interesting projects
- Nice company culture with individual freedom and social responsibility
- Non hierarchical company structure
- Privately owned