I have more than 30 years of experience in software development and computer science:
- 10 project years of Data warehousing, business intelligence (BI) and data science
- 6 project years Java platform
- 5 project years GPU computing and C++
- 4 project years in frontend development
- functional programming since 1994
Dipl.-Inform. is an (now outdated) german academic degree and can be translated as "diploma of computer science". It took at least 4.5 years (9 semesters) and is similiar to a masters degree.
- Software architecture
- Parallel, distributed and reactive systems, micro services, internet of things (IoT)
- Object oriented and functional software development
- Agile Development
- Scrum, Kanban, Test driven development (TDD), Domain driven design (DDD)
- Big Data, Data Science, Datawarehousing, Business Intelligence
- RDBMS, NoSQL, ETL, Hadoop
- GPU Computing
- CUDA, OpenCL, C++ AMP
I am an agile and pragmatic software developer and optimize productivity and code quality with innovative methods.
- Customer focus
- The customer is the "mother of the project."
- Pragmatic and agile
- Selection of "best practices" from the existing process models (XP, agile, SCRUM, Kanban), adapted to the project, the team and the task.
- Iterative and incremental
- Software consists of knowledge. A large part of this knowledge is created during the project and therefore the requirements change.
- Only as a functioning whole a team is successful.
- Test driven
- Automated tests as early as possible.
I worked in the following sectors and industries:
|Banking||9 project months|
|Insurance||5 project months|
|Retail, logistics, trade||12 project months = 1 project years|
|Telekommunications and internet||60 project months = 5 project years|
|Numerical methods||53 project months = 4,5 project years|
- Senior Consultant at ThoughtWorks (2017 until today)
Agile software development and consulting.
- Freelancer / Independent contractor (2007 - 2017)
Functional and object-oriented software development, GPU computing, Big data and data warehouses, data science/BI
- Senior consultant at Steria Mummert Consulting AG, Hamburg, Germany (2006 - 2007)
Generative ETL frameworks for adaptive business intelligence systems and data warehouses. Technical documents, technical concepts, project planning.
- Software developer and consultant at SAND Technology Deutschland GmbH, Hamburg, Germany (2002 - 2006)
Technical project lead of "SAND/DNA for SAP BI". Developer in business intelligence projects for analytic CRM.
- Software developer and consultant at PROMATIS AG, Hamburg, Germany (2001 - 2002)
Relational and multidimensional OLAP with Oracle.
- Product developer at DWH Decision Warehouse GmbH, Hamburg, Germany (2000 - 2001)
Development of business intelligence systems for telecommunication and energy companies.
- Research Assistant at the Institute of Computer Design and Fault Tolerance, University of Karlsruhe, Germany (1999 - 2000)
Fraud detection with Artifical Intelligence in telecommunications (called data science today).
- Studium der Informatik an der Universität Bonn (1993 - 1998)
Diploma thesis about geometric algorithms in the functional programming language Haskell ("Geometrische Algorithmen in Haskell"). Other topics: programming languages, artificial intelligence, functional programming, logic programming, program verification, computational linguistics.
- Student assistant at Collogia Unternehmensberatung, Cologne, Germany (1993)
Development of a syntactic analyser for PL/I programs.